SpotifyStatusApplet was broken by a Spotify API change made in Q3 2018. All previous downloads have been removed from this site. I switched to a Logitech G915 TKL in 2021, so I no longer have any plans to work on applets.
SpotifyStatusApplet – an LCD applet for the Logitech Gaming keyboard family.
From version 1.2, the field titles (Track, Album and Artist) can be toggled on/off by pressing “soft key 1”, the first key underneath the LCD on most models.
From version 1.3, the song playback can be controlled via the soft keys: 2 – previous, 3 – play/pause toggle, 4 -next.
The source code is available at https://github.com/LPardue/SpotifyStatusApplet
None (see top of page)
- v1.3 Beta – Fix critical bug with newer versions of Spotify. Added soft key playback control.
- v1.2 Beta – Added ability to toggle Field titles.
- v1.1 – Stable functional release.
SpotifyStatusApplet runs as a tray icon. Once launched, the icon can be right-clicked to bring up a context menu that allows the application to be exited.
SpotifyStatusApplet is dependent on:
– An instance of Spotify running (of course!). The applet utilises the Spotify service SpotifyWebHelper.exe to access information, further details are available at Spotify Local API –
– A compatible Logitech Gaming Keyboard with LCD and official Logitech drivers / software installed. The software has only been tested on a G510 to date but support for all LCD equipped devices is expected.
– Windows and .Net. Tested on Windows 10 64-bit and .Net Framework 4+.